Before starting a High Dive Champions practice, all divers/parents are required to:
1. Agree and sign the Participation Agreement & Waiver. Click download button above. (Rules and policies are detailed in this download) Waivers are also available at the pool from Coach Darland.
Mail this signed form to Coach Darland with your check.
2. Mail check payable to High Dive Champions. (Important: Include planned practice days and time slot in memo section). Also mail Signed Waiver & Agreement Form to:
Coach Mike Darland
122 Beach Ave.
Larchmont, NY 10538
Session fees are:
$850 for the Unlimited Plan (Multiple days a week, you pick the days except Sundays)
$650 for the Limited Plan (One day a week, you pick the day except for Sundays).
Sibling rate $1,200 for 2, $1,300 for 3.
$100 additional is required if payment is received after the due date.
3. Register with AAU . (This is our governing body which provides secondary insurance and is required by Purchase College before you can use the facility.)
This step is available to complete.
A. To register with AAU log on to http://aausports.org
At the AAU website follow these steps: Click on Join AAU, Click on Athlete Category. Fill out all required ranges including Program - Choose Youth Membership, Fee - Choose Added Benefit ($14.00), Sport - Choose Di-Diving, AAU Club Name - High Dive Champions, Club Code - Type W375EF After payment, print out copy of your AAU membership and a copy for Coach Darland.
B. Register for USA Diving
Advanced Team members, who will dive in the YMCA Nationals and, or the Regional Championships, you will need to join or renew your Competitive Gold Membership ($75) with USA Diving. Do not register until January of each Calendar year.
Steps to Register for USA Diving:
1. Type "USA Diving Membership" into any search engine.
2. Tap or click on "Join USA Diving"
3. Scroll down and find "High Dive Champions" You may be asked your Association which is "Southern New York".
4. After you click on that it redirects you to a page that says, "Get Membership".
5. After creating an account for Sports Engine you then choose "2023 Competition Athlete 17U". (Follow steps) You may be asked your Association again which is Southern New York.
Upon completion, print out your membership card and give Coach Darland a copy.
(Alternate method to register):
6. If you cannot find the proper membership you can also click "Types of Membership" on the USA Diving website.
7. Click on Athlete Memberships.
a. Scroll to "Competition Athlete (17U)" or "Competition Athlete (FINA Age 18+)" based on your age.
b. Click "Join Now" scroll down,
c. Click "High Dive Champions"
d. Click "Get Membership"
e. **Fill out proper forms. **
Call U.S. Diving for help if additional help is needed.
Novice - Limited or No Diving Experience
Intermediate – Can perform 5 different dives
Advanced, Junior Olympic (Competes on 1 and 3 meter)
National Team - Has a full J.O. list on 1 and 3-meter, and travels to all major U.S. Diving and AAU diving meets with our team.
High School - Dives with their High School and their High School has a contract with Purchase College independent of High Dive Champions
Early Time Slot - Novice & Intermediate
Monday through Thursday 4:30pm- 6:00pm
Late Time Slot - Advanced & National Team Only
Monday through Thursday 6:00pm-7:30pm
Saturday 1:00pm-2:30 pm
Spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis and will be secured only when payment is received. Payment for the session is normally due one week in advance of the first day of the session. Exceptions will be allowed if discussed with Coach Darland.
Private Lessons will be available with Coach Mike Darland and other High Dive Coaches, all scheduled through Coach Mike Darland.
Private lesson times:
Monday through Thursday 4:00pm-5:00pm or 7:30-8:00pm
Saturday 11:00am-11:30am or 2:30pm-3:00 pm
Private Lesson Fee: $100/half hour
Coach Mike Darland
Feel free to call or text me if you have questions.